Friday, October 5, 2012

Pushing Positivity Automatically Negated Negativity

It is literally cresting on 5 months since my last (and second) post. That's weak. It's not that I didn't have anything to write about, I really have enough stuff that I could have written twice a day, every single day!
This summer has been such a wonderful growth experience for me, and the beginning of the fall is keeping pace. I have always been the girl that was around, at every social scene, or always hosting things at my house with my family. Well, I went on a (much needed) hiatus and the results were.......well, human. Many people that were always there socializing with me tapered off and really didn't tend to me emotionally. In fact, amidst the huge family change I went through, with my husband moving to DC before my daughter and I, there was vast lack of sensitivity shown. I can't say that it hurt more than it was annoying, ha! It really showed me how awesome God is and how great our relationship is, but more importantly, how I can be a better child of His. It also showed me not to put unwarranted expectations on individuals without consulting them first. I cannot be upset if I never taught someone how to treat me or have a *gasp* serious conversation with them! I am just as at fault than anyone else!
But my summer wasn't all negative, actually, there was more positive than anything!!! My hubby Nate and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary in July!!! I just praise God for the growth that we've experienced, but more importantly, I thank God for the future that we have to look forward to and the continued growth!
My beautiful older (but younger looking) sister Wensa and her husband Nick, are expecting their first child!! MY NEPHEW!!! Ava has been telling anyone who will listen "baby cousin's a booooy"!!! The feeling of becoming an aunt never gets old, this is my 11th (yep, you read right!) experience and my daughter makes 12 in all!!! I love knowing that my kid(s) will be able to have cousins that they can grow up with and forge strong relationships with! I know I love my cousins!! *shoutout*
I was able to really hone in on my job as a food critic with my partner in crime Lauren! We were able to really experience Louisville and Louisville's food scene in a way that many people never will, it has been such a blessing! It has helped me to write some awesome articles for the Examiner, which has lead to eligibility to do even greater things!! I mean, I get paid to eat!!!
My two year old daughter started reading this summer!! I just love the girl that she is coming into, I would be lying if I said it is not without trials, but then I have to look at my personality and my mom always laughs because she says me and Ava are the exact same! I can appreciate and nurture that, to the best of my ability!!
There really is so much more, and I won't leave you guys in the dark, I just cannot write a dissertation and expect you all to read it in one sitting!! I had alot of choices and hard conversations this summer, and as hard as it was for me, it always opened up doors and most importantly hearts. My healing continues, and I know this just by the caliber of trials I am given to face, but that is how I know that God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment